Monday, August 16, 2010

Scrap the Boys - Flowers on a Boy Layout?

Good morning scrappy friends! Hasn't the weekend just flown by? I feel like I didnt even have a weekend actually, lol. But the kids are off to school for the day now, so I finally have a chance to just...breathe....and write on my blog ;)

So, I didnt scrap at all on the weekend, although I did teach 2 classes at Blossies, so I guess I still did something scrappy. And I bought a nice little stash of new goodies to play with. There are heaps of new things in there at the moment, so if you are local you should really pop in and have a look.

So onto my layout...I've finally just had a chance this morning to take a photo of the layout I did for the Scrap the Boys challenge. The challenge was to do a boys layout using flowers. Well...I've had this photo of Jack for a while, but I kept struggling to use it because he had his head on this pink pillow, so I knew I just had to scrap this one. I loved doing this page, and surprisingly Jack liked it too! I thought he would hate it because of the flowers and **gasp** pink that I used on it! (although I only used a little bit of pink :))


This boy of mine is such a sweetie. Such a mama's boy. He loves nothing more than hopping into my bed and snuggling up...


I used heaps of Purple Pumpkin goodies on here. My new favourite Cap Boy button, a denim and fabric flower and a fabric and chenille flower. And a Pink Ladybug button which has not yet been released. The yummy papers are Bo Bunny Petal Pushers.


And because Jack is such a night owl, I just had to put a little Owl on a Branch button on there, as well as handmade felt flower in pink!


Well, I have a tonne of things to do, so I guess I'd better go and get started on it all. Be back soon with some more scrappy shares. Hope you have a great week!

13 comments:

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

Lovely layout...congratulations!!!
Hugs from Brazil

Shell Turner said...

this is fab!!

Mara Campbell said...

Wow, all the details on this is amazing! I love the owl and all those flowers. Wonderful layout!

Kelly Massman said...

So cute!!!! Love your buttons!

Belinda said...

Fabulous layout Sam. Love your beautiful flowers...and I have my eye on that ladybird too!!! LOL Can't wait for your next release now!! B-)

Liz said...

A gorgeous layout!! I use flowers on boy pages, especially when Kaj was a baby! I love to see how you use all your Purple Pumpkin goodies, it gives me some ideas!I've used quite a bit and will start posting on my blog - can't wait till your new stock is up!!

Elaine Marrero said...

Linda página!!!!!!
Adorei!!!!!
Beijooooooo

Nikki xx said...

Sam, your layout is just beautiful. The photo of Jack is gorgeous and I love the flowers too. I use them on my boys layouts...why not! And I love the little hints of pink too hehehe xx

Kim said...

love the pops of pink all throughout the layout...lovin it

Unknown said...

Thats a great photo to work with and your layout is beautiful. Love the buttons.

amanda73 said...

wow, wow, amazing sam, love it all....love that pic

Mel said...

I just love your gorgeous layout, it pops right out at you and I have heard little boys gravitate towards their mums, lucky us hey. I love the framing around the layout too, and all the gorgeous pp products makes it just divine Sam, school hols soon, looking forward to some kids and mums playtime! Love Melxx ps. I am surprised by what you managed to actually get done with all the business of Friday night and teaching 2 classes, you must be super woman.....

Debbie said...

Wonderful layout Sam! Love the bold bright colors and your handmade embellishments go so well with the layout!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...