Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lunchbag Flowers

So...I've just finished vacuuming, and was about to mop my floors, but I thought I'd stop for a quick sit down at the computer. I'm such a shocker for walking past the computer, and just "popping on for a minute", which usually turns into half an hour!

So anyway, I thought I'd pop a little tutorial on here for the lunchbag flowers that I have been doing lately. They are sooo quick and easy, you will love them...


To start, punch out some scalloped circles, I like to use 5.


Whack a couple of staples in the centre.


Now taking the top piece, scrunch it up tightly so it sticks up like this...


Then repeat that for each layer. I kind of like it when they are all scrunched up...kind of looks like a rose bud or something. Gotta incorporate that into a project sometime I think...


Now...grab the bottom layout and flatten it out, it will be the base of your flower...


Then all you do is un-scrunch each layer, but don't pull them all the way down. Your second layer you'll just unscrunch about 3 quarters of the way open, and then undo each layer less and less til you get to that first circle you scrunched. Only unscrunch that one a teensy bit and that will be the centre of your flower.


Pretty easy, huh? Sometimes I like to fold those layers down a bit and pop a brad or button in the centre...


These flowers also look great made up with tissue paper...

>

And of course patterned paper...


I've found that the thinner patterned papers seem to look better because they scrunch a lot easier, but it's still good for the thicker papers too. And the punch I used was a 2 inch scalloped circle punch, but of course you can use any size.

Ok, better get back to those floors!

20 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love them Sam and thanks for the awesome tut.

Caroline said...

great tutorial, will be trying this out with my new scallop circle punch.
Im the excact same i cannot walk by my laptop and enedup on here for an hour, housework for 5 then back to lappy lol and so it goes on all day

Chloe said...

Great tutorial Sam! Must give them a go :-)

Liz said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I can't wait to give it a try!!!Your flowers always look so good!

Unknown said...

Excellent tutorian (even I can do it!!!) Thanks a lot

Tracie said...

Thankyou Sam!

amanda73 said...

wow thanks for the tutorial, will have to try them some time....hey sam, where did you get your scallop circle punch from, thinking i need to invest in one

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

great tutorial, thanks Sam!

Kim said...

thanks thanks thanks....

Leanne said...

Just stunning! Thx for sharing...x

Belinda said...

Oh cool!! Thanks so much for sharing Sam...definately going to give those a go. B-)

Liz Weber said...

Hi Sam, only you could make paper bag flowers look so fantastic, I must buy some more paper bags! Love the litle tutorial, the flowers look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I love these flowers so I am going to make some of these up.

Char Dobson said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing!

LucianaW said...

Sa...this is so sweet...I love....so i will do and to show in the blog....
Thanks for sharing!
XOXO

Natalie said...

I love making these but from now on I will be stapling them like you do!!!...oh, and pulling out the lunch bags :). Hope you are well...thank you for the lovely comments on my blog lately!!! Hugs.

sandra said...

http://ideespleinscrap.canalblog.com/archives/2010/08/19/18715421.html
look what I found in my blog travels Samantha!!
Congratulations...they even love your work overseas!!!
Thanks for this tutorial...they look fanastic!

Marelize said...

Thanks for sharing Samantha. So easy but so effective. :)

Debbie said...

Saw this post the other night and just love your flowers. Ran out to JoAnns yesterday and bought a punch!

Julene Matthews said...

Now all I need is a flower punch! These look great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...