Monday, March 8, 2010

How to make Rolled Flowers

Good morning everyone! These rolled flowers are popping up everywhere at the moment! Because I am just a little bit obsessed with making them lately, I made a little tutorial for them on the Kaisercraft blog, and I thought I would pop it on here too...


Step 1 – Cut out a circle and cut a spiral into it. When you get to the centre you should have a little circle shaped piece.


Step 2 - Distress the edges a bit, or leave them as they are. Play around with it a bit and see which look you prefer.


Step 3 – Start rolling the spiral up from the end. You need to keep it fairly tight as you roll it around or it may not work properly.





Step 4 - Remember the little circle piece at the centre? That’s all you should be left with now, so just apply a glue dot, or a big squirt of glue and press your flower down onto it, making sure the bottoms of all the rolls are sticking to it. Now go ahead and give it a try yourself, and you’ll always be able to make a flower to go perfectly with your project!

10 comments:

Marelize said...

That looks gorgeous Samantha! Thank you so much for sharing... I can't wait to give it a go! :)

CreativeMe68 said...

Wow Thanks for the explanation on how to get the turned over edges....I have made these before but mine don't have the turned over edges. So I snipped away around mine and distressed them. Such a different effect to these of yours. TFS Luv Shaz xoxo

Mel said...

Wow these are awesome Sam, gorgeous instructions too, going to give these a go, you just perfect everything you put your hands too.

Corrina said...

great tutorial...now I'm going to spend all night making flowers LOL

Melinda Spinks said...

Such cute examples... will definitely be giving these a try. Thanks Sam!

Mara Campbell said...

Thanks for the tutorial, it's definitely something I will try!! They are too cute!

Renee said...

These are amazing Samantha!! You are so clever. I will have to give these a go. I loved all your creations for Q3!!

Carolyn Fleming said...

How big was your circle to start with :)

Barbara said...

Thanks for the tutorial...I love these adorable little flowers...they are precious and sooooo pretty!

Two Sisters Scrapbooking & Papercraft said...

Fun Flowers!!!!
Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...