Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gypsy Sisters - Easy Cards...Step by Step

Good morning! The rain is pouring down here, so I can't take any decent photos of my layouts to show you. I created these cards for the Kaisercraft Blog, so I thought I'd pop this little step by step on here for anyone interested in some quick and easy cards...


Choose the paper range you want to use (I chose Gypsy Sisters) Once you’ve decided how many cards you want to make, cut out an appropriate number of flourishes from the paper, (1 for each card). Stamp a corresponding number of flowers with an ink to match the papers, and make some rolled flowers (remember that tutorial I did?) to match. (If you dont want your card to be too bulky, just stamp 2 flowers for each card instead.)

Now…cut (and ink) your papers to these sizes…

10cm x 14.5cm…..7cm x 9cm…..6cm x 6cm…..9cm x 2cm…..2cm x 2cm…..5cm x 2cm (this is to make 1 card, so cut more of each size depending on how many cards you are making) You should end up with a little pile that looks like this…


Now for the easy part - putting them together. Grab a pack of blank cards and envelopes, or you could fold your own cards, then just follow these quick and easy steps and you’ll have them put together in no time…






How easy is that? Now here's a close up of one of the flowers just for fun...cos I love them so much!


I've got Emily home with me today so I can dose her up on lots of antibiotics, so I am planning to have a crafty day with my girl. Hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Oh, I love all the layers. The colors in that paper are just beautiful and I looooove the rolled flower! Thanks for the great step-by-step!

sandra said...

love it! Thanks so much for the tutorial...those flowers are gorgeous!

Janetcraft said...

I see the steps of making the card is wonderful. The papers are lovely too...
The distress look alike really keeps the card looks authentic.
Thanks for having nice comments and a visit to my blog. Your comments are always welcomed.

Mel said...

Hope Emily is feeling heaps better and wow that is the most awesome tutorial, I just love your flowers also and the putting together of the cards looks super easy!!!. Love Melxx

Marelize said...

Thanks Samantha! These cards are stunning and super easy to make thanks to your step by step instructions! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks for sharing! These cards are jaw-droppingly gorge! The flowers really rock too! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh they are stunning girl !! Ive left you something on my blog !!! xxx Tina

Corrina said...

Fantastic tutorial Samantha...step by steps take all the guess work out. Great cards. Cx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous!! Its always so handy to have a few cards on hand ready to go, thanks for a GREAT tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...