Monday, June 28, 2010

Twisty Flower Tutorial & FP Layout

I am finally on a scrapping roll again! I think its because the kids are on school holidays, so I can let myself stay up late. I'm such a night owl, and I always seem make better layouts in the early hours of the morning for some reason, lol. I've even got some classes ready for August, can you believe it!!!

I've just been outside taking some photos, but my battery went flat, so all I've got to share for now is this layout using the Fancy Pants Roadshow range...


And a close up...


And some more close ups...








And just because I feel like it, here's a little tutorial on how to make the twisty flowers that I've used on my layout...

Step 1 - Punch a cirle and cut some long stips of patterned paper, 1cm-2cm wide.
Step 2 - Scruch the paper strips to make them a bit more pliable.

Step 3 - Take one strip of paper, fold it in half, and then twist it so you end up with a long twisted strip of paper.


Step 4 - Start rolling your strip of twisted paper into a coil, and keep twisting it as you go so you get a nice crumply effect.
Step 5 - Put a generous dob of glue in the centre of your punched circle, and place your coiled strip of paper onto it, holding it in place til the glue takes hold. If this is the size flower you want, you can then cut it out from the circle, or keep adding twisted strips of paper around this small coil until you have your desired size.

Step 6 - Add a bit of bling, or a pearl or two and you are ready to add them to your next project!


Well, that's all from me for now. Better drag those kidlets off the trampoline and get them into the bath. For some reason they just love jumping in the dark, but it is way too cold for that at the moment!

23 comments:

Colleen B. said...

This is gorgeous and love the handmade flowers - thanks for sharing!!

Tracie said...

Ah love 'em! So easy too and they look terrific on your LO. I'm going to share your tutorial on my blog.

Mel said...

Too cold alright, you may be happy you left this area, 0 degress this morning and just freezing right now. I just love this gorgeous layout Sam, the colours are amazing and DD is just soooo cute, I love the tute too, will show Jan Wednesday also. Thanks for sharing, Melxx good for you staying up late....

Belinda said...

Gorgeous layout Sam and thanks for the tutorial. I might just give those flowers a go. B-)

Anne P said...

Love those twisted handmade flowers. Might have to give them a go :) Just love doing handmade flowers and always like to try new ones.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Amazing layout Sam!! I love those twisty flowers - gorgeous!!

Kerry O'Meara said...

Gorgeous sam!!! Love it all...

Carin McDonough said...

Really beautiful layout and I just love your flowers, I have seen these made before a bit differently but I definitely prefer your version, the end result looks much nicer, I will definitely have to try your way as I am loving handmade flowers at the moment! Thanks for sharing! :)

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a stunning layout Sam!!! Love your flowers, you are so clever at them! I tried to make them a while ago and failed dismally!
:)

Kim said...

oooo so so gorgeous I love it and thanks so much for that tutorial..they are beautiful

Char Dobson said...

Stunning layout! and thanks for an awesome tutorial too. :)

Domestic Mamma said...

Oh Sam, what a gorgeous layout....thanks for the tutorial too...think I am gonna have to make some of those!

Martine said...

what a gorgeous LO! just beautiful!! thanks for the tutorial! those flowers look great!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful layout. Love those flowers.

Diana said...

This is amazingly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

too cool gotta give this a try

Monika Reeck said...

ooh wow thanks for the tutorial this is very coooollll..will put it in my Blog :) Tfs...

liz said...

so cute :)

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Samantha maybe you want to see my flower made by your nice tutorial...thanks for your tutorial Samantha so easy to make this flower...here is the links to my new card using your tutorial of flower : http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.com/2010/07/ddsb-challenge-15-texture.html

Nicole said...

these are precious! thanks for sharing!!
www.thestampinlibrarian.com

Unknown said...

Thanks.

Val (Brazil)

www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Cazann49 said...

Hi Sma , love the tutorial on the flowers. They look gorgeous on your scrap page..Will def give these a try..:)..Enjoy your day...xx

Diane Warburton said...

photos of scrunched up paper always make me smile :-) You have to be a fellow scrapbooker/cardmaker to understand the need for visuals :-) I'm off to have a go at making one now. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...