Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friday Night Fun


On Friday night I took the kids to the Jacaranda Festival. It's only a tiny local Festival but the kids absolutely love it and we go every year. This year I almost didnt go because I was called to pick Jack up from school early because he wasnt feeling well, but he assured me that he was well enough to go. (typical hey, too sick for school but just fine to go out and have fun!) Now, every time we go I end up spending a small fortune, so this year I told the kids they could have $25 each to spend on whatever they wanted, and not to ask for anything else. This was the first time I've let them do this and it was the best thing I could have done. Usually they ask for everything there and get cranky when they cant have it all. But this time was totally different. Armed with their $25 each, they both checked out the prices of the show bags they wanted and then worked out how many rides they could have. They usually carry on for lots of turns of silly $5 games where they never even win a prize. They always both want the glow swords that break before the night is out. But not this time! We had such a good night, with no one whinging. They had 3 rides each, and then Jack got himself a lego army tank, and Em got herself a showbag and a bubble gun. By the time we had done all that the fireworks were just starting, so it worked out perfectly, although Jack was starting to feel sick again at that point.

It wasnt til Saturday morning that I worked out what was wrong with him...Chickenpox! He was over the moon when I told him he would have to miss a few days of school next week :)

1 comment:

Jyotsna said...

that sounds like a lot of fun!!

chickenpox are terrible! I had them too when I was about 12yrs old, yaiks, no fun at all...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...