Sunday, April 19, 2009

School Holidays

Well, the school holidays haven't been really very exciting for us. We had planned to go to Bribie for a few days but the weather was terrible at the start of the week so I decided not to go. And then of course it cleared up. Isn't that always the way? Mum decided to have Emma up there with her for a few days on her own and Jack stayed home with me, which was nice. He loves having me all to himself. I took him to see a movie and out to lunch, and then I let him hire a game for his playstation (which he completed in half a day!) We have had a lazy couple of days, and I am now halfway through the last book of the Twilight series! And Jack read a whole Zac Power book! It has been bliss and oh so peaceful without our little chatterbox around. I have missed little Em to bits though and it was great to see her when she came home today. After she got home we headed off to Southbank with Katrina, Callum, Abbey and Manning. The kids always have an absolute ball when we go there and come home completely exhausted and ready for bed. (Especially seeing as it was going on for 10 o'clock when we got home tonight!) Baby Manning is nearly 4 months and oh so very cute! I got these gorgeous photos of him and his big baby blues.




The kids love to swim around for hours in the pools at Southbank, but it is nearly impossible to get a decent photo of them. This is the only one I got of the four of them, but it's not a very good one. All you can see of Jack is his butt poking up in the air as he gets more sand from the bottom of the pool to throw at Emma.


The kids always go back in the pool after dinner and I managed to get this cute photo of Emma and Abbey. The boys were much less co-operative.


After they'd had enough swimming (or more like after WE had had enough of sitting around watching them swim!), the kids dried off and played in the park for about an hour. Emma got knocked over while they were playing tiggy and to my huge surprise Jack became quite protective of her and actually stuck up for her. And then he helped her walk back to where we had parked the car. It was so cute that I had to take a photo. (Hey, this might NEVER happen again) Of course, Emma milked it for all it was worth. And can you believe, when we got to the car Jack opened Emmas door for her and helped her into her seat! My boy did show some of his true colours afterward though when he said "Gee, I wonder what sort of reward I will get for doing THIS?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...