Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Almost Over...

On the last school day of the year, it always feels like there is so much holiday time ahead of us. Nearly two months of doing whatever the heck we want, without the horrible morning rush, and daily homework dramas. And every year, the summer holidays seem to race by in the blink of an eye, and before you know it, there are only 5 days before the new school year starts.

I wish we could go back to that last day of school and start all over again. I don't want it to end!

But on the other hand, I am looking forward to some peace and quiet during the day, so I guess there are some good points to the kids heading back to school :) I am looking forward to not hearing Em watching a dvd, while Jack is playing the Wii. During school terms, the tv doesn't get switched on at all during the week, so that will be nice!

At the moment, Jack is hooked on this game...


If you recognise this little critter, then I'm guessing there's a Skylanders junkie at your house too! Jack is desperate for more of these characters, but they seem to be sold out everywhere. It seems like you need to buy a heap of different characters in order to complete it, which is a pretty clever idea of whoever made the game!

Em has been enjoying lots of pj days. She LOVES days when we don't have to go anywhere, so she can stay in her pjs all day. She got loads of art supplies for Christmas, and has been drawing non stop.


And playing with her barbies...


We've had lots of trips to the beach too, and had friends come to stay. And I think we've seen every kids movie at the cinema these holidays too!



I have to admit, the kids have been really well behaved these holidays, with hardly any fighting, although they do have their moments.


I guess that's why I don't want it to end! Of course, the kids don't either. But they are a bit excited I think. They keep nagging me to cover their school books with the new contact they chose, so they can pack their bags! I've been following Becci's Domestic Bliss, which is full of lots of back to school organisation ideas, and I have to admit that I'm a bit excited to get everything super organised for the kids for this year too.

And I am definately looking forward to finding a bit more time for scrapping!! I think I might have to spend one of my child free days doing that next week :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug Sam!

Your holidays look like lots of fun and very relaxing.
We barely noticed the holidays this year. Between Randall starting his new job and being away for a week at an Army Cadets camp it he's hardly been here.
I know you're going to think I'm crazy but I can't wait for Ethan and Eli to start school so I can cover book and make cool stickers for them. I'm sure you'll remind me of that when I'm pulling my hair out in a few years!
Enjoy your last few days of freedom.
Would love to see how you've set your school organisation up if you're up for sharing (either linky up with the blog or post a pic on the BDB wall)
TC xoxo

Crece said...

Those skylanders will be the death of me! Fletchy got the game from Santa and with his money from family he wanted to buy more so on boxing day we went EVERYWHERE and noooo skylanders. I call shops weekly to see if they have arrived but sadly no :(

Thought someone would have realized these were something that should have been stocked up on but oh well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...