Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to School

It was the kids first day back at school today, and boy oh boy, did I enjoy those peaceful hours between 9 and 3! They actually ended up being very excited to start back at school, partly because we had some special little pressies for the kids to give their new teachers. We decorated some empty coffee jars with some Imaginisce Geek is Chic papers and die cuts, and then filled them with things like notebooks, pens, paperclips, 'good work' stamps and stickers (that hopefully will sometimes grace the kids homework books!), and some lollies and choccies.


This is Em's little note that she wrote for her teacher. She's such a sweetie :) I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the note Jack wrote for his teacher, but it said something like he was looking forward to working hard in grade 6. The kids were pretty excited to give them to their teachers, and the teachers seemed pretty happy to receive them. I guess they don't get first day pressies from students all that often!


Em was up quite early (around 7am), and wanted me to do her hair before anything else. Then she was more than happy to pose for a few photos.


Dunno what's going on with her standing like that with her hands behind her back. I think she was trying to look smart or something!


And I got a shot of the new school shoes, which will be scuffed and gross by the end of the week, I'm sure...


My big grade 6 boy wasn't too keen on having his photo taken. In fact, he didn't even have his shoes on here. He was running late as usual and had to put them on in the car!


But they got to school on time, and they were both so happy when I picked them up this afternoon, so it was a great day for them. And those 6 hours of peace and quiet? I'm looking forward to some more of that tomorrow :) :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Great photos! I hope they have a great year in school. School is on the down slide for us... out in mid June and starting up again for a new year in September. I will have a high schooler and a kindergartener. A little concerned about my little one with as homework heavy as these people are here. My middle has come home with a ton of homework since she started school here 7 yrs ago. Even she is getting burnt out with it. She is a good student though. Mostly A's & B's.

TeenaBugg38 said...

what cute back to school gifts for the teachers!! Enjoy the peace while you can!!! I have five kids all in school so I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!

April said...

Love these!! Fabulous idea...
- April

Sarah said...

Fab pics and so smart - and I have one who was always putting his shoes on in the car!!!! He does struggle now having to catch the bus - so they don't improve with age - Jack is 13!!!

Sarah x x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

what a lovely idea for the teachers and gorgeous photos - your kids have grown up heaps! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my last blog post, Sam. It is comforting to know that I am not alone. I know I made the right decision, even though at first it felt like I didn't but I was so confused. Take care x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...