Thursday, May 3, 2012

Future - BITW Challenge

Will you take a look at Jack in this photo? The poor little guy was trying sooooo hard to do a nice smile for his school photo, I think he must have almost strained something, lol! And he's really stretching his neck out there too! I still love it though, he was such a little cutie when he was in grade 1. Sometimes I almost can't believe he's now in grade 6!! Where did that time go?!


So this layout is for a word challenge at the moment at Bird is the Word. To use the word 'Future' in either your title or journalling. I want this page to be a sort of title page for Jack's grade 1 photos in his school album, so I have used the word 'future' in my journalling...


Did you spot those cute definition badges? They are from Greatest View, and I just love them! And the papers are all Bella, from a few different ranges. I've decided to keep the school albums very simple, so this was a nice quick page using up my scraps.


And I just have to post this photo on here too. This happens all the time...


Some of you might have seen on facebook a few weeks ago that a stray cat wandered into our home, and decided she might move in. From the very start she acted like she'd lived here all her life! We were never going to get a cat, because poor old Jack is super allergic to them, but this little critter has other ideas. Still not quite sure what to do with her, I know we shouldn't keep her, but who could resist that sweet face? And EVERY time I try to photograph a layout she jumps on top of it and just stares at me. A bit of a camera hog, I think! Or maybe scrapbook pages just feel nice to sit on, LOL!

Hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

I really love all the layers on your layout! And I love looking back at younger school photos of my kids, they change so much!

Lauren T said...

I like the bright colour highlights on this one. The cat is adorable!

amanda73 said...

love love your layout, love how you can make all the layers seem so effortless....... and a cute cat, we wont be getting a cat either, im more of a dog person, and our dog(wolfhound x mastiff) would probably eat it lol,..,..

Liz said...

That is a great layout. Your adopted cat looks a lot like ours, only ours is very fluffy. Congrats on winning over at Kaisercraft! I love seeing all your layouts, good to see you scrapping again.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I really really love this school themed layout! It's just perfect! You have matched the photo so well and that photo is so cute - your son looks super proud there! :) That cat is such a classic! Really funny hey! Thanks for the laugh - really enjoyed your post!!! :D

Melenia Agapides said...

I love your nice, clean & simple style!! Everything in perfect order! Thank you so much for playing with us at BITW!

Cathy said...

LOVE your LO Samantha.. doesn't time fly!! Cute moggie!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BITW :))

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha, I know the feeling Sam with a cat who is a photo hog, check out this post I put on my blog http://feelslikehomeleesa.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/scrappy-sketches-13.html, same problem!!

Rachael Funnell said...

This is FANTASTIC Sam!!
So lovin the layers here & those definition badges are Super Cute!!
THANKS Heaps for Sharing this with US Over @ BITW.....

Bashful said...

Good Work! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...